Katie MartinClinical Social Worker or Therapist, LCSW
Does your child struggle at school or home with meeting behavior expectations? Does he or she seem to be more anxious or worried than peers his or her age? Is your family going through the stress of life changes such as divorce, transitions, or grief? Does your child have difficulty getting along with others or making friends?
I specialize in and enjoy therapeutic work with children 4 up to age 12 years old and their families and support system. I have experience working with children and families with behavioral management concerns, experiences of family stress, and issues with anxiety, depression, and ADHD.
I utilize therapeutic interventions to include cognitive-behavioral strategies, play therapy, art therapy, music therapy, and bibliotherapy techniques. I work with children to develop social skills and a productive feelings vocabulary and provide education of anxiety management, anger management and stress management techniques. I collaborate with the child and family to build resiliency and happiness skills.
Along with counseling children in the private practice setting, I have also worked in therapeutic day treatment programs and at inpatient psychiatric hospitals. I have a bachelor’s degree in Sociology from the University of Virginia and a Master’s degree in Clinical Social Work from Virginia Commonwealth University.
I look forward to meeting your child and your family.
- Years in Practice: 10+ Years
- School: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Year Graduated: 2001
- License No. and State: SW12038 Florida
- Avg Cost (per session): $60-125
- Sliding Scale: No
- Accepts Insurance: Yes
- Accepted Payment Methods: Charge, Check, Cash
- Anger Management
- Art Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Music Therapy
- Parent Work
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Company - Family Counseling Associates, Inc.
- 4425 Military Trail, Suite 203
- Jupiter, FL 33458
- Contact Name - Katie Martin
- Phone - (561) 747-2775
- Adjusting to Change or Life Transitions
- Blended Family Issues
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Divorce or Divorce Adjustment
- Family Problems
- Inattention, Impulsivity, and Hyperactivity (ADHD)
- Mood Swings or Mood Disturbance
- Oppositional and Defiant Behavior in Children and Teen
- Self Confidence
- Self Esteem
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Social Anxiety or Phobia
Last Modified: 17 April 2017